The SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) Foundation℠ course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organization to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organizational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering & automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
The course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction, and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organization involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLO’s).
- CDEF Concepts
- Agile practices
- Relationships between CD, Waterfall, Agile, ITIL, and DevOps
- CDEF Culture
- Design Practices for Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Continuous Monitoring
- CDEF Infrastructure and Tools
- Security Assurance
- Exam Preparations, requirements, sample exam review
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
The importance, practices, and transformation of a DevOps collaborative culture
Design practices, such as modular design and microservices
Continuous Integration (Cl), such as version control, builds, and remediation
Tenets and best practices of Continuous Testing (CT)
Continuous Delivery and Deployment (CD): packaging, containers, and release
Continuous Monitoring (CM): monitoring and analysis infrastructure, process, and apps
Infrastructure and tools: frameworks, tools, and infrastructure as code
Understand Security Assurance: DevSecOps, real life scenarios
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Build Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- IT Managers
- Maintenance and Support Staff
- Operational and Infrastructure Teams
- Project Managers
- QA Managers
- Release Managers and Engineers
- Software Developers
- Security Professionals
The class registration includes:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- The Agile Service Management Guide and Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique hands-on exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- Certified DevOps Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation (CDEF) certificate governed and maintained by DevOps institute
- Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation (CDEF) digital badge to promote the accomplishment online.
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified DevOps professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their DevOps journey
Please see the “Team Page” know more about our Instructors
Why Value Glide?
Our Instructors are all practitioners of agility who have been working with organizations accelerating their agility journey using DevOps. In a Value Glide DevOps class, we compliment the course slides by sharing our implementation experience. Our team prides itself on imparting practical knowledge full of takeaways.
We use Zoom, Miro for better video conferencing and activities experience for participants
Amazon Gift cards for our participants as ‘Referral Thank You’
* Invite your friends and colleagues to register for any of our courses.
* Email us and receive your gift card after they register.
Register for another course with us and get an additional 20% discount!!