Agile Software Engineering with ASE Certification
Enabling Technical Agility for Lean Enterprise
2021-08-04 – 2021-08-06, 09:00 – 17:30 New York, EST Krishna Malaiyan
The discipline of software engineering has evolved with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality.
During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundational principles and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline. Attendees learn how continuous flow of value delivery and built-in quality are enabled by modern practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
Attendees learn proven practices to detail, model, design, implement, verify, and validate stories in a SAFe Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They will know the practices that build quality into code (abstraction, encapsulation, intentional programming) and designs (SOLID, Design patterns). Attendees also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on intentional architecture and DevOps.
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Connecting Principles, and Practices to Built-In Quality
- Accelerating Flow
- Applying Intentional Architecture
- Thinking Test-First
- Discovering Story Details
- Creating a Shared Understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicating with Models
- Building Systems with Code Quality
- Building Systems with Design Quality
- Implementing with Quality
To perform the role of a Agile Software Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
- Senior Manager
The class registration includes:
- Student Workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- Certified SAFe 5 Agile Software Engineer certification upon passing of exam
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- Certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Renewal fee is $100
Exam Name – SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineer Exam
Exam Format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
Exam Delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
Exam Access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 5 Agile Software Engineering course
Exam Duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
Number of Questions – 60
Passing Score – 42 out of 60 (70%)
Language – English
Exam Cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Each retake attempt costs $50.
Retake Policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Please see the “Team Page” to know more about our Instructors
Why Value Glide?
Our Instructors are all practitioners of agility who have been working with organisations accelerating their agility journey using SAFe. In a Value Glide SAFe class, we compliment the course slides by sharing our implementation experience. Our team prides itself on imparting practical knowledge full of takeaways.
We use Zoom, Miro and SAFe Collaborate for better video conferencing and activities experience for participants
Course Fee Includes:-
1. Digital Student Workbook
2. Certification exam and all associated fees, please note that the exam is taken within 30 days after the class. One exam attempt is included.
3. One-year membership for the SAFe community platform (with access to SAFe learning resources, videos, etc.)
4. Certificate of completion
5. Attendees must attend all three days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
And lots of more benefits as below:
1. Free e-copy of SAFe Distilled.
2. Free Practice and Sample Exam Questions Bank.
3. After class access to the trainer for any questions or support as needed on the course topics
4. Pre and Post-workshop support
5. Free training for version upgrade of this certification in future.
Amazon Gift cards for our participants as ‘Referral Thank You’
* Invite your friends and colleagues to register for any of our courses.
* Email us and receive your gift card after they register.
Register for another course with us and get an additional 20% discount!!
- Certified Scrum Alliance Courses
- Certified Scrum@Scale Fundamentals
- DevOps Institute
- VG CONFERENCE
- Kanban University